Sunday, May 27, 2012

29 Faces #27


I used the same model as yesterday, this time with paint. I had actually started this one first, but then I got my new hot press watercolor paper yesterday and wanted to start over. Today I decided to finish the first one that I started on cheap cold press paper. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I'm tired of messing with it. I had to make the hair up in both pictures because it didn't show in the photo I used. Hair is difficult enough without making it up! Ears are always a challenge, too.

One trick I'm learning is to take pictures of my work in progress so that I can then fix all the imperfections that I don't see beforehand. I keep telling myself I want to do that, but then I just want to post it and get it done for the day.

6 comments:

  1. She is fabulous Cheryl... I love her 'whatever' look... and the cigarette... she is just wonderful...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another great portrait Cheryl. I find it difficult to do the same painting twice. I also find hair and ears a challenge but your idea of taking progress pictures is a good one, it's amazing how much more you notice through a camera lens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job- especially the hair! I take tons of photos of my work too. When I see it small it is like I am standing very far away from it and it really changes my perspective. I notice things that I wouldn't otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shading on her face, the cigarette, the expression... really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I made the jaw too narrow because it was supposed to be male. Whoops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! =) You are good!

    ReplyDelete