Tuesday, May 22, 2012

29 Faces #22


I actually didn't touch a pencil and only briefly touched a paintbrush today. I gave myself a day off, but I'm posting a face anyway, one I haven't posted. This is a painting I did for Life Book. 

I'm reaching the point in the challenge where I'm feeling creatively frustrated because I don't know how to do what I want to do, which is add color without making mud. 

4 comments:

  1. She looks very Swedish with her blode hair and blue eyes...beautiful, I like the stamping over her hair.
    It is fustrating when paint wont do what you want it to, it's good to give yourself a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You portraits are so beautiful! I love your style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lovely! The best way to avoid mud is keeping warm and cold colors seperately. So you first use the warm colors (yellows, reds, oranges), you let it dry, and then you use the cold colors (blues and greens). If you do it that way you shouldn't get any mud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try that, denthe. Thank you very much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete