In theory, art school isn't necessary, but I would like to find some exercises to bring me out of my comfort zone. I like the emotion that shows up in this portrait, which is one of the things that I'm working to convey, but using color in experimental ways, or doing something different than what I've already done is a struggle ... because I was the girl in this picture. Gah.

She looks great! love the limited colour palette. Maybe doing something like "lifebook" would be good for you? Because there are a lot of different teachers, and each has her own style, so you learn lots of different things. I'm thinking about signing up too ...
ReplyDeleteThank you, denthe. I'm on the fence about whether to do Lifebook again. I did it this year, but I haven't participated like I had hoped. I can always go back to it, but I hesitate to sign up again. I would also like the opportunity to do other classes, but when I was doing a year-long class, it didn't leave much room for signing up for others. So I'm thinking I'll skip it this year, although it looks like there are going to be some amazing teachers who I'd like to see in action!
ReplyDelete