Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer of Color Week One: Dancer


I'm working on increasing my skill in drawing figures, hands, and clothing. I'm not completely happy with the face on this one, but I like the figure and the dress. This is my 13-year-old daughter in the rehearsal for her dance recital last weekend.

Edit (6/14): I decided to join the Summer of Color challenge because the colors in this picture fit the week one theme, which is "rainbow sherbet," even though I drew it and posted it the day before the challenge started.



15 comments:

  1. A very loevely painting! :)
    I think hands are difficult to draw, I have tried a littele, but I'm not satisfied..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands are hard to get right and drawing from life is even harder! Great job Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks lovely. And drawing it before the challenge was even announced just shows you are psychic. lol
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your beautiful drawing and so expressive, love it. Happy Summer of Color, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great! you captured her stance perfectly. and the drape of her dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great drawing and you have used fabulous lines... I do like the way you have worked in the colour prompt... very skilfully done...sorry I am so late getting here for week 1 and can't wait to see what you get up to for week 2...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT LOOKS WONDERFUL...WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER LOOKS LIKE...THAT'S WHY YOU ARE CRITICAL OF THE FACE...BUT FROM HERE IT LOOKS REAALY GREAT...XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Rainbow Sherbert artwork is stunning ... love it!! Looking forward to your week 2 now!!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful! I want that hair!and the top, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her! I like her posture, and that dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the folds on that dress, just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is lovely! I wish I could draw figures as well as this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You have the dress down perfectly..I wanted to reach in and touch.

    ReplyDelete