Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Costs of Living an Unexamined Life, via Becoming Who You Are

Sometimes I like to share a little inspiration.


To read the full post, go here: The Costs of Living an Unexamined Life

 Unexplored feelings, dismissed as unacceptable, rationalized away using “shoulds” or “shouldn’ts” will make themselves known. They will come out in other ways. They come back stronger, and will keep coming back, shouting louder every time until you hear them.

This is what self-conversation is all about. I'm learning to talk to myself kindly, so that my self learns to talk kindly to me. Creating art, and talking to myself kindly about my art, is one way of doing that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, such wise words, and I think it might be the truth.. so difficult sometimes, but other just fine.. This one I would like to write down and maybe put on my wall or even my blog .. :)

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so inspirational Cheryl. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete