Saturday, May 26, 2012

29 Faces #25


Not real crazy about this one. Actually, I painted the face a few months ago (for Fabulous Faces) and added the background today (a day late). It looks more vibrant and interesting in life. 

I'm trying to achieve a particular grungy effect, but haven't found the right substrate to do so, except for on journal (composition book) covers, which of course are not archival. For some reason, I love painting on thin paper glued to thick cardboard. The cheap watercolor paper that I used for this portrait is too absorbent, but the good news is that I finally got a bunch of Arches hot press watercolor paper today, as well as oodles of graphite, both water soluable and none, as well as more watercolors—gouache and Neocolor IIs. 

I don't know what to play with first.

2 comments:

  1. Love the purple hair and the background with a door and window.Sounds like you got alot of grat art supplies to play with, look forward to seeing what you come up with Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is very lovely, I love her eyes, and the pastel colors! :) and her lips, her nose and her hair! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete